Get on the Fast Track to a "Fit" School
What is the Presidential Youth Fitness Program Grant Opportunity?
Through a generous donation of $10 million from the General Mills Foundation (the largest single donation in the foundation’s history), schools have gained access to supplemental resources including:
- Virtual and in-person trainings
- Supporting texts
- Assessment equipment
- Student recognition items
The National Fitness Foundation provides opportunities for schools and school districts nationwide to receive these supplemental items. Notices about open opportunities will be posted here and on the program's social pages.
Funding Eligibility Requirements:
- Schools must employ a certified physical educator on a full or part-time basis.
- Individual responsible for using the resources (physical educator) must have completed or will complete the Getting Started with the Presidential Youth Fitness Program online training or at least one module from the Empowering Fitness Education Champions (e.g., PYFP in-person training) no later than the application closing date (noon ET on March 2, 2018). A certificate of completion for those completing the in-person training must be emailed to email@example.com by noon ET on March 2, 2018.
- Schools funded through the 2016 or 2017 Presidential Youth Fitness Program grant opportunity are not eligible.
- Schools may request up to $1000 in resources.
- Schools with a completed School Health Index (SHI) or SHI-based assessment through the Healthy Schools Program or Action for Healthy Kids or the Fuel Up to Play 60 School Wellness Investigation will receive priority consideration. Note: SHI must be completed before the application is submitted.
- Applications will be accepted until noon ET March 2, 2018.
- Funded schools will be expected to complete a short end of funding survey.
- If there are more than 10 schools in a district interested in funding, please send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org. Districts with less than 10 schools applying must complete a separate application for each school.
- Schools will not receive a check. The resources provided by the funding opportunity will come directly from the vendor(s) of those resources. Schools may not request resources valued at more than $1000 (including shipping and, where applicable, tax)
- Title 1 schools will receive priority consideration in the following order: (1) Applications submitted by Title 1 schools with at least 60% free/reduced lunch that have a completed SHI, (2) All Title 1 schools and (3) non-Title 1 schools with a completed SHI, (4) Title 1 schools that have not completed the SHI. Any remaining eligible applications will be considered in sequential order based on the date the application is submitted until funds are exhausted.